Who doesn’t like a good morning pancake!
My ultimate breakfast is pancakes but they often leave me feeling rather bloated and tried after. So… I thought why not try to make it a little more lighter and healthier!
I love convenient, fast, yummy and ultimately healthier food – and these pancakes are no exception with only 5 minutes to prep and 5 minutes to cook. Your whole family can enjoy a sweet and healthy start to the day.
These pancakes have only 4 ingredients in them, but as always I love options! I have also included other things you can try in your pancake that will add extra nutrition, and I promise you it won’t effect how good it tastes!
What You Need
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence – I use fair trade organic Vanilla Bean extract.
Options to add:
- A handful of blueberries or mixed berries
- 1 teaspoon of Chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla protein powder (Happy way vanilla is yum!) -If you choose dairy free your options would be a vegan protein powder.
Options to add on top:
- Your choice of fruit, sliced banana, mixed berries, kiwifruit, blueberries etc
- Walnuts and/or almonds, great for texture and also adds extra nutrients!
- Greek yogurt
- A drizzle of honey or Pure Maple syrup
- Nut butter!
- Preheat pan on a medium to low heat, spray with your choice of oil or butter (I use coconut oil) – A little goes a long way.
- In a bowl mash your banana
- Add 2 eggs and mix well
- Add the vanilla essence, continue to mix
- Add the oats, stir all the ingredients until you are happy with it’s consistency
- Place mixture into pan making 1 pancake at a time. – I like to make 1 big one but if you prefer 2 or 3 smaller one’s that is fine.
- cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden and flip pancake to other side
- Once ready serve hot and garnished with your choice of topping!
This recipe serves 2 adults.
Depending on how you choose to make your delicious pancakes, some of the benefits will include…
Along with healthy fats, healthy carbs and many other vitamins and minerals. A great way to start off a busy day!