Broccoli salad is one of my favourite summer salads. It’s fresh, fun and great for all occasions!
Like all my recipes, I keep it simple and also leave some room for you to get creative. If there’s something in here you’re not a fan of, then just swap it out!
This is what was in my fridge at the time. Each time I make it slightly different, depending what is in season and what I already have at home. Take inspiration from this and enjoy creating your own version of broccoli salad!
What you need:
- 2 heads of fresh broccoli
- Red capsicum
- Spring onion
- Red onion
- A handful of grated cheese
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sliced Almonds
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- Rinse your broccoli heads and chop roughly. – they don’t need to be too small.
- Heat a pot of water on the stove. When it is warm you may put your broccoli into the pot and cook for just a few minutes. We only need to slightly soften the broccoli so it has that delicious crunch each bite.
- While that is cooking, continue to chop your other ingredients and place them in a large bowl.
- Drain the water from your broccoli and let it cool. Once the broccoli has cooled down, add it to the bowl and mix through the other ingredients.
- In a separate bowl pour ½ cup of mayonnaise and squeeze the juice of one fresh lemon. Mix together and add more (if needed) to suit your taste.
- Pour the above on the salad and mix through. We don’t need a lot of dressing at all, and if you prefer a cleaner version of this salad skip the mayonnaise and add the lemon juice as your dressing instead.