This green salad is full of flavor, nutrient dense and has just the right blend of salty and sweet to make it a winning combination. Have it warm or cold the next day, and either as a full meal or a side. There are so many great options with a salad like this. With only 3 ingredients (and taking just under 10 mins to make) it is the perfect meal prep for the busy household. Trust me, you never look at brussel sprouts the same way!
The following are loose measurements for this recipe. Everything is measured to taste, so you can decided how much you need of it.
What You Need
- Brussel sprouts! How much, is up to you! – This is your main ingredient though.
- ½ Cup of cranberries or currants, both work well, whatever is on special
- ½ cup of sliced almonds
- Sauce- a sprinkle of soy sauce and a pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
Good options to add for lunch the next day:
- Baby spinach leaves
- And for those who are not plant base – free range chicken drizzled in fresh lemon juice.
- Wash your brussel sprouts, remove any bugs or dirt
- Heat your saucepan on a low heat
- Roughly chop your brussel sprouts so they look more shredded.
- Pop in pan and stir, these are just very lightly cooked.
- After about 3 mins add in a splash of soy sauce and stir through (not too much soy)
- Add your cranberries or currants and your sliced almonds, continue to stir in for a further 2 mins
- Serve warm or cold!
- Not only are Brussels sprouts a good source of protein, iron and potassium, but they also offer other benefits that can boost your overall health.
- Vitamin C
- Healthy fats
- Vitamin E
- And much more!