I call these my mix and match muffins because you can have up to 6 different toppings in one batch!
This is the perfect recipe if you need to get rid of those spotty bananas and don’t have much time. It only takes you 5 mins to make 24 mini muffins or 6 big muffins – the choice is yours!
Being totally clean and refined sugar free, it really is a healthy option compared the traditional muffin. You can even make it dairy free by swapping only one ingredient! There are plenty of options and (as always) it’s super fast and made in the blender.
This recipe will make approximately 18 mini’s or 4 giant muffins
What you need
- 2 large ripe bananas – spotty brown ones work great!
- 2 cups rolled oats - most G/F people are ok with oats, if not an alternative would be rice flakes
- 1 cup of greek yoghurt – swap this for coconut yoghurt for your D/F option
- 4 Tablespoon of brown rice malt syrup – You can also use honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180C. Spray your muffin tray (coconut oil is a good option) – if you’re going to make the big muffins I would cut some baking paper into squares and line your tray that way.
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend for 1- 2 minutes or until a runny texture
- Pour into your chosen tray, filling until it’s about ¾ full
- This is where you can add some toppings such as some berries, cacao nibs, or apple. I added these on top at the end, the choice is yours!
- Bake the mini’s for about 15 mins or the bigger muffins for 20- 25 mins, or until golden
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and remove from tray.
Ideas for toppings
- Peanut butter and a slice of banana
- Cream cheese icing and lemon zest
- Mixed berries
- Apple and cinnamon
- Cacao nibs
- Chopped dates and maple
- Or just have them plain. They are yummy just by themselves!