This dish was inspired by my fussy husband, Rohan.
He doesn’t enjoy eating “typical” healthy food, and does not like anything that has the word salad in it and everything has to be doused in sweet chilly sauce or fried. He loves Asian food and stir frys, anything with a bed of white rice or curry in the title, it’s a winner!
Me on the other hand, not so much. So you can see that cooking in our house can be a battle. Especially when I don’t really like white rice OR a lot of heat and he doesn’t really like salad or vegetables (other than potato, as it has the potential to be turned into chips).I really wanted to create a quick easy dish that had some good health benefits but also something my fussy husband would not whinge at. So when I told him I have made Mango noodle…. I swapped out the salad and said stirfry… No winging and thoroughly enjoyed it. The tricks we must play for good food…
Perfect for meal prep! Fresh, full of flavour, healthy with options of course! If you love your carbs but need that sweetness this dish is golden.
What you need
As with all my recipes, there are always options. Everything is to taste, so if you feel that you need more or less of a certain flavor then it’s up to you!
- 1 Fresh mango
- Handful of basil leaves
- A few mint leaves
- ½ lemon
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- Half a packet of noodles
Mango and Chili Oil – Cotterill & Rouse Gourmet Dressing
- Cut your cucumber, bell pepper and mango into thin matchstick slices and place in a big bowl.
- Chop your mint roughly (the amount you would like is up to you) and add a handful of basil leaves.
- Drizzle half of fresh lemon and mix.
- Leave to sit for a few minutes.
- Place your noodles in a fry pan with boiling water, cook for 3 – 5 mins or until noodles are soften and warm.
- Drain water and continue to cook noodles in fry pan. Add your sauce (again, to taste!). I used about ½ cup for about 4 meals.
- Stir sauce and let simmer for 1-2 mins
- Add your noodles into your fresh mixture and stir.
Serve warm or have cold the next day!
- Good source of fiber
- Mango has properties in it to help with clear skin, improve eye health and aid better digestion!
- Vitamin C
- Basil promotes Cardiovascular Health and also acts as an Anti-Inflammatory!
…just to name a few!