This recipe is one that your Nana would have made In fact, my husband’s Nana made it for us the other day and it was sooo tasty!
I just knew I had to post it on our EAT blog for you all to try. It has so much flavour and it’s so filling. Team it up with a nice hot buttered bun and you’re good to go!
What You Need
- 500 grams of Tomatoes
- 1 x Medium Onion
- 1 x Clove of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 teaspoons of Sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Cornflour
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- About 1 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of Paprika
- Pinch of Basil, Thyme and Celery Salt
- Quater the tomatoes and place in blender or food processor, cut onions into quarters and add also
- Add crushed garlic, salt, sugar and the herbs then cornflour
- Process this until it is more like a pureed
- Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan, measure the tomato mixture. – It should make about 3 cups
- Top up with water to make 4 cups of soup.
- Cook stirring frequently, soup will look pale but it will redden as it boils
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then serve!
For creamy tomato soup, add 1/4 – 1/2 cup of cream, just before serving.
This recipe serves 4 people.
- Tomatoes contain high-powered antioxidants
- Rich in Potassium
- Great source for eye health
- Vitamin C and B6