For healthy snacks to keep in the fridge or an after school treat, I have you covered! These wee peanut butter cups are delicious and cute to boot!
I actually use this base for our RAW vegan caramel slice. It’s great because when I make it I can just use the the off cuts for this! OR you can just make a whole bunch of wee peanut butter cup snacks. Either way, it’s a great base to work with.
What you need:
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1.5 cups pitted dates
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 cap of vanilla extract
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan salt
- A clean peanut butter or nut butter of your choice with no added salt
- Make it pretty with some melted dark chocolate!
- Blend the walnuts in a food processor or blender until they are fine in texture.
- Add all other ingredients with your walnuts, and blend into more of a sticky consistency.
- Spray your mini muffin tin with oil (coconut oil is great!), and press down your mixture in the tin to make cup-like bases, pop in freezer to chill for 15 mins.
- Once chilled fill your base to the top with your chosen nut butter. Decorate how you wish, I have melted dark chocolate but you can really do anything! Get creative!
- Once you have decorated, put it back into freezer for an hour to set. You can choose to take some out and keep in the fridge, or keep them in freezer if you like them hard. Will last up to 3 months in freezer and 7 days in the fridge.