These wee bite sized logs are great for party food, afternoon snacks or even a healthier sweet alternative for the family.
With only a handful of ingredients they are super easy to make! They are also gluten free, dairy free, keto and vegan (depending on your chocolate of course).
These bites burst with raspberry! They have a light, sweet, tasty flavor and with the vibrant colour they are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
You can taste the real raspberries (not quite like your cherry ripes, where it’s mainly artificial flavor), so you are in for a treat!
You can make them as big as you like or smaller than what I have, it’s up to you. Depending on your size you can make anywhere from 8 to 20 bites.
What You Need
- 1 ½ cups of unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 150 grams of coconut cream
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil – melted
- 1 cap of Vanilla extract
- 4-6 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup. Alternative to this for Keto would be Queens Sugar Free Maple
- 3-4 heaped tablespoon of raspberry powder
- 40 grams of Dark Chocolate – I have used the Loving Earth Dark (chocolate is not necessary but it is delicious!)
- In large bowl add your coconut, cream, and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Add your coconut oil, vanilla extract and raspberry powder, make it sticky! If it’s too wet then just add a wee sprinkle of your desiccated coconut. You want it sticky but not too wet that you can’t mold into the shape you want.
- Line your baking tray and shape your bite bars. Space out evenly.
- Place them in the freezer to set for about 30 mins.
- When setting, melt your chosen dark chocolate in a saucepan on a very low heat continue to stir and make sure it doesn’t burn! I have use the Loving Earth Dark Chocolate to keep these treats ass healthy as possible (and vegan) but you’re most welcome to use a dark chocolate of your choice. I would suggest anything over 70%.
- Once your bites are set, drizzle the chocolate over them. You can choose to totally cover them in dark chocolate, but I personally found this too messy! I also like seeing the vibrant colour of the raspberries.
- Pop back into the fridge or freezer.
These bite size goodies will last up to 14 days in an airtight container in the fridge and possibly longer if frozen.
- Raspberries contain strong antioxidants!
- Vitamin C
- Raspberries have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
Just to name a few!